You are here
Anyone who has a concern about a student is encouraged to fill out a Maxient reporting form.
This will initiate someone reaching out to the student to ensure they are supported.
Additional Safety Initiatives:
- Drug-Free Schools and Campuses Regulation (EDGAR Part 86) This report contains information about Jefferson College’s program/policies/procedures to prevent the unlawful possession, use, or distribution of illicit drugs and alcohol by students and employees.
- Jefferson College’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. This report contains policy statements and crime statistics for Jefferson College. The policy statements address Jefferson College’s policies, procedures, and programs concerning safety and security, for example, policies for responding to emergency situations and sexual offenses. Additionally, this report contains information regarding campus security and personal safety, including topics such as: crime prevention, fire safety, Jefferson College Campus Police Department enforcement authority, crime reporting policies, disciplinary procedures, and other matters of importance related to security and safety on campus. Also included are crime statistics for three previous calendar years which were reported to have occurred on campus, in or on off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by the school, and on public property within or immediately adjacent to the campus.
- The Jefferson College Title IX Sexual Harassment Policy and Grievance Process prohibits any form of discrimination on the basis of sex, inclusive of Sexual Harassment.
- The Jefferson College Police Department Safety Tips and Videos Webpage. This website includes personal safety tips, tornado safety tips, ALICE Model and Intruder Options, Public Safety Links, Living Safe/Living Smarter video, Consent video, Run/Hide/Fight video, Tips for Surviving and Active Shooter Incident video, and the Faces of Human Trafficking video series.
- The Jefferson College Counseling Services Website. This website has information about the FREE counseling services available to students and how to make an appointment. Counseling Services Flyer. Counseling Services Drop In Hours.
- The On-Campus Victim Advocacy Website. This website has information about the Violence Prevention Project and how to get in contact with the On-Campus Victim Advocate for anyone who has experienced dating/domestic violence, sexual assault and/or stalking on or off-campus. Violence Prevention Project Flyer.
- Campus Maps/Floor Plans-The attachment below is an interactive PDF. By clicking on the different buildings, you will see their floor plans that include where the fire extinguishers are located.
Follow us for a chance to win a free Vikings Care t-shirt.
Vikings Care Mission:
Jefferson College and COMTREA on Campus envision an environment that promotes student wellness, safety and educational success. We recognize the challenges of being a college student and strive to provide educational opportunities to develop life skills, increase help-seeking behaviors, promote safety and encourage diversity. Through Vikings Care initiatives we connect students to resources that help them to achieve their goals.
To learn more about Vikings Care initiatives, please contact: