You are here
It is our honor to serve the military veterans who choose to attend Jefferson College and we strive to make your transition to the college environment as smooth as possible. Let us know how we can help.
School Certifying Officials
Kaysie Watson, Assistant Registrar. firstname.lastname@example.org; (636)481-3237
Stacey Wilson, Registrar, email@example.com; (636)481-3207
Veteran Education Benefits and Resources
GI Bill and Other Federal Education Benefits
You or a qualified family member may be eligible for Federal VA or VA related education benefits!
- Explore your options. There are several options for education and training support and assistance. Go to the website va.gov, and click on Education to learn about different programs and how to apply.
- Apply for approval for education benefits – website: va.gov/education
- To prepare, you will need your social security number, your military history, and basic information about the school or training facility you wish to attend. Your education history and bank account direct deposit information can also be helpful or added later.
- Once approved for education benefit by the VA, you will receive your Certificate of Eligibility indicating which program(s) may be approved for. Keep this to show your School Certifying Official when you enroll in classes.
Active Duty Army Soldiers, Reservists or National Guard
Tuition assistance may be available. To learn more and to apply, visit ArmyignitEd.com.
When setting up your ArmyignitEd TA request, choose Career Path "General Studies" to find Jefferson College.
Getting Started at Jefferson College
- Complete the admissions application to Jefferson College. Visit www.jeffco.edu or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Request your previous college and high school send official transcripts. Transcripts should be sent to Jefferson College Office of Admissions.
- Complete placement testing (if applicable).
- Meet with an advising specialist to get registered for classes. Bring your Certificate of Eligibility with you to the advising appointment.
- Complete the Certification Request on your MyJeffco student portal Veteran’s tab. This will inform the certifying officials that you wish to use your benefits in that particular semester. We will then certify your enrollment with the VA. The sooner you register and complete the Certification Request, the sooner the certifying officials can communicate with the VA, helping expedite your benefits.
- Reach out to the School Certifying Officials for Jefferson College: Kaysie Watson (636)email@example.com or Stacey Wilson (636)firstname.lastname@example.org.
The faculty, staff and students of Jefferson College THANK YOU for your service!
Helpful Phone Numbers/Resources
- VA.GOV - The website to learn about education, health care, disability and service records resources.
- GI Bill Hotline: 888-442-4551 (888-GIBILL-1)
- VA Benefits Hotline: 800-827-1000
- Veterans Crisis Hotline is available to all veterans, service members, National Guard and Reservists, and all military family and friends: 1-800-273-2855, Press 1, or text 838255
Helpful VA Resources
|Missouri Veterans Commission||Jefferson Stewartemail@example.com|
|Disabled Veterans Outreach Program||Stephanie Kirkfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|St. Louis Regional Office||1-800-827-1000|
|Veterans Crisis Line||1-800-273-8255|
|National Center for PTSDemail@example.com||802-296-6300|