You are here
Applying for Graduation
What do I need to do to graduate? The procedure for preparing to graduate is very simple.
Complete an application for graduation.
- Click here to submit your online Application for Graduation or Print and complete the Application for Graduation by clicking here. Submit to the Office of Enrollment Services.
- Meet with your faculty advisor or an Enrollment Services Specialist in the Student Center building by the appropriate application deadline date and complete the application for graduation.
- Applications are also available at any registration site.
- You will receive a letter in the mail regarding your eligibility for graduation and any requirements which must be met. Please review this letter carefully.
- Upon determining you will be eligible for graduation, a $45 graduation fee will be posted to your account.
Graduation Application Deadline Dates:
Fall and Winter Intersession Graduation: September 1st
Spring Graduation: February 1st
Summer Graduates participating in Commencement: March 1st
Summer Intersession Graduation: March 1st
Summer Graduation: June 1st
How many credit hours do I have to earn from Jefferson College to complete my degree or certificate?
A student must complete a minimum of 62 semester hours of college credit for an associate's degree; 15 of those credit hours must be completed at Jefferson College.
If something happens and I can't graduate, do I have to pay again later?
No. However, upon request, we can refund you the money or credit your account for when you graduate.
What GPA do I have to have?
A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.00 ("C") or better is required for the AA, AFA, AS, and AAS degrees. Some AAS degrees may have a required cumulative grade point average of greater than 2.00. A cumulative grade point average of 2.75 or better is required for the AAT degree as well as a 2.75 grade point average for all education courses. A cumulative grade point average of 2.00 or better of the specified curriculum is required for all certificates.
What happens if I fail the exit exam?
This is a no pass/no fail exam. The only way the exam affects you from graduating is if you do not take it.
When will I get my diploma?
Diplomas are mailed approximately four to six weeks after grades are finalized.
Do I have to participate in Commencement?
All graduates are encouraged to participate in Commencement, however it is not required. Graduates must RSVP to participate in one of the two ceremonies. Click HERE to RSVP now!
I have taken the MoGEA test. Do I have to take an exit exam?
No. The MoGEA fulfills the exit exam requirement for students receiving the AAT degree.
I am graduating with my AAS and AA. Can I just take one exit exam?
No, you must take the WorkKeys and the ETS Proficiency Profile (EPP) exams to be eligible for both degrees.
- After the semester ends in which you plan to graduate, the Office of Enrollment Services will review your graduation status and if all requirements have been met, your degree or certificate will be posted approximately four to six weeks after final grades are posted. Your transcript will be updated to show your degree or certificate, and your diploma will be mailed to the address you provided on your graduation application. You will be informed by letter if you have not met all graduation requirements. Please reapply for graduation for the semester in which you plan to graduate. If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Enrollment Services at (636) 481-3205 or (636) 797-3000, ext. 3205.
- If you have any credit from another college, you must have an official transcript sent to Jefferson College.
- If you are planning on transferring to another institution upon graduation, you must request a transcript and check the box that says "mail when degree is posted." Click Here to request an official transcript.
For additional information, please contact the Office of Enrollment Services at (636) 481-3205 or (636) 797-3000, ext. 3205, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.