You are here
Commencement Regalia Information
- Candidates for graduation who have applied and deemed eligible to participate in the commencement ceremony will need to pick up their cap and gown in the or Hillsboro location bookstore by May 5th.
- There is no need to pre-order. The cost is covered in your graduation fee.
- After picking up your cap and gown, it is highly recommended that you remove your gown from the plastic, cool iron or steam the gown, check the fit of the cap, and verify that you have a black tassel. Any apparel problems should be brought to the attention of a Bookstore associate as soon as possible.
- Wear your cap and gown to the commencement ceremony. Changing rooms are not available.
- Your cap and mortarboard should sit on your head horizontal to the ground, not perched at an angle. The tassel hangs on the right.
- The cap and gown are yours to keep. Do not return them at the end of the ceremony.
- The gown may not be decorated with anything other than the approved cords/stoles/pins.
- Caps may be decorated, but must be in good taste. Any cap decoration deemed inappropriate by staff will be replaced at Commencement.
|Students Graduating with Honors (3.50 or higher)||Gold Honor Cords|
|Honors Program Graduates||Purple Cords|
|Phi Theta Kappa||Stole/Cord/Tassel/Pin|
|Veteran Status||Red-White-Blue Cord|
|National Student Leadership and Success||Black/Platinum Cord/Stole|
|Radiologic Technology Honor Society||Burgundy/Forest Green Cord|
|Occupational Therapy Assistant||Program Pin|
|Physical Therapist Assistant||Program Pin|
|Project Success - TRIO Honor Program||Maroon Cord|
|Radiologic Technology||Program Pin|
|Veterinary Technology||Program Pin|
|Early College Program Graduates||Royal Blue Cords|