You are here
Center for Teaching & Learning
Welcome to the Center for Teaching & Learning! Feel free to explore the pages of this site to learn more about how the CTL supports teaching and learning at Jefferson College.
Center for Teaching and Learning Mission
- The Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) is a faculty-driven endeavor dedicated to promoting, facilitating, and honoring excellence in teaching and learning.
- Offering teaching support to faculty members interested in improving student learning by creating engaging learning environments, the CTL provides technology, books, and resources, including opportunities for faculty to share strategies and perspectives with colleagues.
In Support of the College Vision and Mission
- The Center for Teaching and Learning supports the vision of Jefferson College to "explore, develop, and engage in innovative learning experiences" by creating these opportunities "in a supportive and inclusive environment."
- The CTL supports the mission of Jefferson College in its effort to provide "quality learning opportunities" for both faculty and students.
To support a community of learners, the Faculty Coordinator of Teaching and Learning will:
- Support a community of learners across campus;
- Stimulate campus-wide conversation about teaching, learning, and assessment to share ideas and best practices;
- Explore and disseminate research on pedagogical issues, best practices, assessment, and innovations in higher education that influence teaching and learning;
- Develop and share approaches to actively engage students in the learning process.
The CTL is located on the second floor of the beautifully re-imagined Library. The rooms feature computers for faculty use, natural lighting, furniture designed for flexible arrangements, a state-of-the-art SmartBoard and document camera, and is open to faculty when not in formal use.
The CTL can also be reserved for academic meetings and events by completing the online reservation application. Priority is given to faculty reservations for this space.
CTL Advisory Council
Cindy Rossi, Center for Teaching and Learning Director & Professor of Business Management
Amy Kausler, Academic Service Learning Coordinator & Professor of Psychology
Allan Wamsley, Dean of Integrated Planning & Academic Services
Anastasia Luettecke, Senior Instructional Designer