You are here
Looking for fellowship, encouragement, guidance?
Join us as we dig into the Bible.
We are a student-led club encouraging students who:
- Seek to know Christ and make Him known
- Desire to discuss the Bible through Bible studies
- Will benefit from a variety of other activities that foster student fellowship
- Written on three continents
- Written in three original languages
- Compiled from 10,000 fragments from which historians verify its accuracy--thousands more than Homer's or Aristotle's works**
Our Regular Monthly Meeting Times:
2nd and 4th Fridays @ 1 pm
ASI Building, Room 105 on the Hillsboro campus
2019-20 Student Officers:
Purchases: Debbie Bonham & Austin Cook
The Adopt-A-Family effort was a very fun addition to our activities this year. We were able to purchases all of the "needs", as well as all of the "wants" for two teenagers and a younger sibling. The night we purchased the items, it was pouring down rain, but we were so blessed and excited, we hardly noticed. We had fun enjoying pizza, sponsored by JBA, between the gift bag assembly and the shopping party.
Shopping Party: Austin, Haleigh, Cassidy, Emily, & Morgan
- Winter Warm-up--Wednesday, January 29: 10 am to 12 pm, Viking Cafe
- New Orleans (NOLA) Spring Break Mission with Cru--Sunday, March 15 through Friday, March 20
- Nominations for JC Navigators Leadership Positions--Due March 17
- Election of Officers--Both April meetings, Friday, April 3, and Tuesday, April 21.
- National Day of Prayer Event--Thursday, May 7
- End-of-Year Navs Party--Friday, May 15
JC Navigators is active on campus and has participated in
- Club Spirit Day
- SYATP (See You at the Pole)
- SAILS Day of Service
- Final Exam Gift Bag/Care Kit Distribution (2019, 2020)
- Winter Jam 2019
- Movie Event-Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader
- National Day of Prayer 2019 - "Love One Another"
A WORD ABOUT OUR SPONSORING ORGANIZATIONS:
Jefferson Baptist Association
JBA was the sponsor of a previous student Bible study group here at Jefferson College: Baptist Campus Ministries. Their avid and unwavering support of JC Navigators began soon after we had established our charter and received approval as a student organization. Their goals are to help ministries on the college campus evangelize, disciple, and mobilize students while also connecting them to the local church.
Cru (formerly Campus Crusade for Christ) has come alongside JC Navigators to assist us in the areas of leadership training and missions opportunities. Campus Crusade was established in 1951 at the UCLA campus by Bill and Vonette Bright. Headquartered in Orlando, Florida, Cru's goals, as an organization, also are a great match for those of JC Navigators: helping students know Jesus, grow in their faith, and go to the world to tell others.
In our initial efforts to establish a student-led Bible study club, we found The Navigators, an organization that maintained goals which matched our own. The Navigators is an international, interdenominational Christian ministry established in 1933. Headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colorado, The Navigators has spread to more than 100 countries. Their goal is developing life-on-life mentoring - or discipling - relationships with people, and equipping them to do the same for others.