You are here
Jefferson College will follow all local public health guidance to ensure the health and safety of our campus community when planning the 2021 Commencement celebration. Continue to visit this web page for the latest information regarding Commencement.
2021 Commencement will consist of four smaller ceremonies to be held in the Jefferson College Hillsboro Campus Field House.
Friday, May 14th at 1:00 p.m. & 4:00 p.m. and Saturday, May 15th at 10:00 a.m. & 1:00 p.m.
Ceremonies will be live-streamed so family and friends can watch safely from home! The link to the live stream video will be available prior to the ceremonies.
Information for Students - RSVP is now closed.
Check back often for updates.
This information applies to fall 2020, spring 2021 or summer 2021 graduates.
Graduates from fall 2019, spring 2020 and summer 2020 are also invited to participate due to Commencement 2020 ceremonies being virtual.
- Students will choose one ceremony to attend with a maximum of 85 per ceremony. RSVP will be required.
- Student/guest RSVP forms will be open March 1 - April 3. RSVP will be on a first-come, first-serve basis and will be closed when each ceremony reaches a capacity of 85 graduates. The deadline to RSVP is April 3rd. Students who are late applicants for graduation and wish to participate in the ceremonies, please contact Enrollment Services at 636-481-3205 to determine if space is available.
- Jefferson College will follow CDC mask guidelines. Any individual (2 years and older) will be required to wear a mask.
- The number of guests will be limited to four per student. Guest RSVP will be required. Tickets will be issued and assigned seating is required to ensure social distancing and to allow for contact tracing should it be necessary.
- Names of guests and any requested accommodations (accessible seating, interpreter, etc.) will be reported when a student completes the RSVP form. Please consider who you will be inviting and have their names and any requested accommodations when completing the RSVP form. The Disability Support Services Office (DSS) will coordinate requested accommodations. After completing the RSVP, please reach out to 636-481-3158 to arrange accommodations.
- Students who are late applicants for graduation and wish to participate in the ceremonies, please contact Enrollment Services at 636-481-3205 to determine if space is available.
- Cap/gown/tassels will be available for pick-up April 1 – April 30 in the Jefferson College Hillsboro or Arnold Bookstore locations. There is no need to pre-order. The cost of the cap and gown is covered in your grad fee. Students will not need to pay additional money to the bookstore.
- A Graduation Preparation Video will be available on the Commencement web page in April so students will know what to expect at Commencement. No rehearsals will be held.
Graduates - Reserve Your Seat for the Ceremony of Your Choice! RSVP is Now Closed
Choose only one ceremony. RSVP will be on a first-come, first-serve basis and will be closed when each ceremony reaches capacity.
Friday, May 14th at 1:00 p.m. - RSVP is Now Closed
Friday, May 14th at 4:00 p.m. - RSVP is Now Closed
Saturday, May 15th at 10:00 a.m. - FULL
Saturday, May 15th at 1:00 p.m. - FULL
Graduation Preparation Video for Students - Coming in April. Please check back soon!
2020 Commencement Graduates - you are invited to participate in the 2021 Commencement ceremonies!
- Your accomplishment was celebrated in our 2020 Virtual Commencement ceremony. As promised, you are invited to participate in Commencement 2021 if you were a fall 2019, spring 2020 or summer 2020 graduate.
- Complete the RSVP form above which will be open March 1 - April 3rd or until capacity is reached.
Information for Faculty and Certified Staff
Click here to RSVP for the ceremony of your choice. RSVP Open through April 14.
- Four smaller Commencement ceremonies will be held this spring: Friday, May 14, at 1 pm and 4 pm, and Saturday, May 15, at 10 am and 1 pm.
- Full-time faculty and certified professional staff are required to participate in one of the four Commencement ceremonies unless approved by Dr. McCaffrey. Requests for non-participation must be submitted in writing (electronically) to Dr. McCaffrey.
- While our preference is for faculty and staff to attend Commencement in-person, a virtual option will be available. Requests to participate virtually must be submitted in writing (electronically) to the Vice President of your division.
- Due to social distancing, each ceremony will be limited to a maximum of 30 full-time faculty and certified professional staff.
- RSVP will be required. RSVP forms are available on the Commencement web page and will be open through Wednesday, April 14. RSVP will be on a first-come, first-serve basis and will be closed when full capacity is reached for each ceremony.
- Masks will be required at all times.
- If you are in need of Commencement regalia, please contact Craig Keller in the Bookstore at ext. 3250 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to Friday, March 26.
- A Faculty/Certified Professional Staff Preparation Video will be available soon so you know what to expect at Commencement. No rehearsals will be held this year.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Stacey Wilson, Registrar, at X3207 or by email at email@example.com.
Commencement Worker Sign-Up - We need your help!
Classified staff are an important part of making Commencement a memorable event for our graduates. We will need your help! A Commencement worker sign-up form will be open on this web page April 6th - April 19th. College student workers are also welcome to work Commencement. Thank you in advance!