You are here
Title IX Pregnancy
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 (“Title IX”), 20 U.S.C. §1681 et seq., is a Federal civil rights law that prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex—including pregnancy and parental status—in educational programs and activities. Title IX also ensures the right to take medically necessary leave and to be free of harassment, intimidation, or other discrimination because of pregnancy-related conditions.
- Hillsboro: ASI Building, Room #107D, see Tina Jokerst in Room #110; CTE, Room #142D, left unlocked; Library: Two rooms available, see Library Staff
- Arnold: Currently under renovation, see Brenna Young at the front desk.
Schools are required to provide pregnant students, and students with related conditions such as childbirth, or false pregnancy, with at least the same special services as it provides to students with other temporary conditions. To request a reasonable accommodation, please contact one of the Title IX Coordinators below or fill out an accommodation request here.
Jefferson College is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where all individuals are respected and empowered to achieve their goals. To that end, it is the policy of Jefferson College that no person shall, on the basis of sex, be subject to discrimination in employment or in admission to any educational program or activity of the College.
Any person who is aware of or who has experienced any form of discrimination based on pregnancy or parental status may make a report at any time, within or outside College business hours, to the Title IX Coordinator. Reports may be made in person, verbally, by phone, in writing through mail or electronic mail, through the College’s Maxient reporting portal (found in MyJeffco or at Jeffco.edu/titleix), or any other manner that delivers the information to the Title IX Coordinator at any time.
Title IX Coordinator
Dr. Kimberly Harvey-Manus
Vice President of Student Services & Title IX Coordinator
Physical mailing address: 1000 Viking Drive, Student Center, Hillsboro, MO 63050
Office location: Student Center, 2nd floor, Room 205
TTY Users dial 711
For additional information please contact the Title IX Coordinator and/or visit:
- Accessibility Resource Office to review the manual for information on Temporary Disabilities.
- U.S. Department of Education, Know Your Rights
- U.S. Department of Education, Supporting the Academic Success of Pregnant and Parenting Students
- Generation Hope report on Student-Parent Survey Results & Recommendations