You are here
Title IX Education & Training
Questions, Comments, Training Materials & More Information
The Title IX Coordinator and Deputy Coordinators are available to answer any additional questions you may have or to hear your comments on the Title IX process.
Additionally, the following information may be helpful:
- The U.S. Department of Education (ED) published new regulations for implementing Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972 (Title IX) on August 14, 2020. These can be found at https://www.federalregister.gov/d/2020-10512 These regulations are effective August 14, 2020.
- Office of Civil Rights Webinars/Blogs/ and Technical Assistance Materials:
- Title IX Regulations Addressing Sexual Harassment
- New Title IX Protections Against Sexual Assault
- Due Process Protections under Title IX
- Conducting and Adjudicating Title IX Hearings: An OCR Training Webinar
- How to Report Sexual Harassment Under Title IX
- First Amendment and Title IX
- Title IX: Fact Sheet: Final Title IX Regulations PDF (209K)
- Title IX: U.S. Department of Education Title IX Final Rule Overview PDF (553K)
- Title IX: Summary of Major Provisions of the Department of Education’s Title IX Final Rule PDF (675K)
- Title IX: Summary of Major Provisions of the Department of Education’s Title IX Final Rule and Comparison to the NPRM PDF (706K)
- NASPA Title IX Training Certificate Program Training Materials. Employees who completed this training in 2020: Dr. Kim Harvey-Manus, Kristine Bogue, Dr. Michael Booker, and Tasha Welsh.
- D.Stafford and Associates SA-ALL 2020 Title IX Regulations Materials for Module 1, Module 2, and Module 3. Employees who completed this training: Dr. Kim Harvey-Manus and Kristine Bogue.
- Jefferson College is a member of SUNY's Student Conduct Institute (SCI). Employees who are required to receive training must complete SCI training prior to investigating and hearing cases. Dr. Kim Harvey-Manus, Kristine Bogue, Dr. Michael Booker, and Tasha Welsh completed this training in 2021. Information about these trainings are linked to the image below:
- D. Stafford and Associates 2021 Title IX Regulations Materials for Ensuring Equitable Civil Rights Investigations and Assessing Credibility in Sexual Misconduct Complaints. Employees who completed this training: Dr. Kim Harvey-Manus.
- SUNY's Student Conduct Institute (SCI) additional training in 2022: Appeals in Student Conduct Proceedings, Framing a Comprehensive Approach to Working with Students Who Engage in Harmful Sexual Misconduct and Trauma-Informed Practice: Legal Compliance Basics. Employees who completed these trainings: Dr. Kim Harvey-Manus, Kristine Bogue, and Dr. Michael Booker.
Educational Programs and Campaigns
What if Bears Killed One in Five People? Watch the video to find out!
Can two-minutes and a smart phone change the way you think about consent?
This video, originally created as part of Campus Clarity's award-winning online training program Think About It, teaches the concept of consent by considering a series of realistic scenarios in an approachable manner.
|To RECOGNIZE that non-consensual sex is sexual assault.
To IDENTIFY situations in which sexual assault may occur.
To INTERVENE in situations where consent has not or cannot be given.
To CREATE an environment in which sexual assault is unacceptable and survivors are supported