You are here
Missouri One Start Program
Missouri One Start provides training and recruitment funds to Missouri businesses. Its mission is to increase the skills and productivity of our workforce through training. Jefferson College helps your business complete the application and can provide customized training programs.
Missouri One Start can provide funding assistance when companies need to upgrade worker skills due to:
- New products or processes.
- New Technologies.
- Competition driving quality or productivity improvement.
- Relocation or expansion.
Examples of training include Specific Technical Skills, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Team Building, Communication, Safety, International Quality Standards and Leadership.
View the Missouri One Start Quick Guide for more information or visit the Missouri One Start website.
The Missouri One Start assists Missouri employers with job training programs and funding to help offset training costs for new and existing employees.
Some of the Industries Served Include:
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Logistics and Distribution
Missouri companies providing full-time permanent employment (a minimum of 35 hours per week) for Missouri residents may be eligible for training assistance. Other eligibility criteria may apply.
- Job Creation - New or expanding companies creating new jobs in the state.
- Job Retention - Manufacturers retraining existing employees as a result of substantial new capital investments in manufacturing, or companies retraining existing employees as a result of the introduction of new products or services, or to upgrade the quality or improve productivity. Other eligibility criteria may be applied, such as type of occupations and wage rates.
3. Application Process
1. Meet with Jefferson College Representative to Review Application Process Time Frame
2. Complete State Application Information Online (ERTA)
3. Important Forms:
Agreement For Services
Company Certification/ Attachment A
Local Tax Clearance Form
DOR Tax Clearance Form
Union Letter (If Needed)
Complete E-Verify Process (new Applicants)
4. Submit State Application Documents to Jefferson College LEA
Classroom Skill Training
Skill Training is instruction in a classroom setting, at your place of business, off site, or other educational facilities.
Instructors may be from your staff, from the college, or a combination of all.
Curriculum is based on your specific training needs.
Local Educational Agencies coordinate skill training requests.
On-the-Job Training is instruction through hands-on experience and task performance.
The length of the training is tied to the skill level required for the job, and the time needed for the trainee to become productive. Fifty percent of eligible trainee wages may be reimbursed during the approved On-the-Job Training period for certain types of occupations in the newly created jobs.
Training expenses that can be fully or partially reimbursed are:
- Instructor costs
- Instructional supplies (textbooks, workbooks, etc.)
- Curriculum development costs
- Vendor trainers used in curriculum development or as instructors
Note that awarded funds must be equally matched expenditures by the company through eligible salary or other training expenses.
To learn more about participation in Missouri One Start contact Lora Warner at 636-481-3223 or firstname.lastname@example.org.