You are here
On-Campus Student Advocacy
Schedule an Appointment
- Calendly: https://calendly.
- Call: 636-481-3267 TTY Users Dial 711
- Email: email@example.com
If you would like to meet outside of listed hours,
please contact the advocate directly. Hours are flexible
to meet your needs.
For immediate advocacy outside of office hours, holidays, or when the campus is closed, please consider contacting one of the following:
- A Safe Place Domestic Violence Shelter and Crisis Line: 636-232-2301
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233
- National Domestic Violence Text line: 1-800-787-3224
- Love is Respect Text Line: Text LOVEIS to 22522
- National Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-4673
What is Interpersonal Violence?
What is Consent?
What isn't Consent?
Jefferson College adopted the Sexual & Interpersonal Violence Prevention and Response Course (SPARC) to provide a customized prevention and education program related to the topics of Sexual Harassment, including Dating Violence, Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault, and Stalking. Currently, this course is in all COL courses and linked to the Title IX webpage here. For more information, please visit our Title IX webpage at https://www.jeffco.edu/titleIX, or contact Kristine Bogue, Deputy Title IX Coordinator-Students at firstname.lastname@example.org, 636-481-3258 or Student Center Room 209. TTY Users dial 711.
Being an engaged community member and an active bystander is an important interpersonal violence prevention tool that anyone can use for a variety of scenarios.
Use this helpful acronym to learn how to be an engaged community member.
- Create a distraction
- Distract the people in the situation
- Act directly
- Directly intervene in the situation
- Refer to a helpful resource
- Call JeffCo Police at 9-1-1
- Enlist others
- Bring a friend with you to intervene
- Stop and act later
- Follow up later. Use this sparingly.
To learn more about being an engaged community member, contact Alexis Lowery at email@example.com for more information.
Alexis Lowery - Student Advocate
Student Center Room 207
TTY Users Dial 711