You are here
Beginning Level I PN
Webpage updated 10/13/2022 (Information is subject to change without notice)
- Admission to the nursing program is highly competitive. We cannot guarantee admission to all applicants who meet minimum requirements.
- Graduation from the Practical Nursing program does not guarantee licensure as stated in the Missouri Revised Statutes - Section 335-066.
Applications for Admission and Entrance Exam scores are due by the deadlines below:
|Cohort applying for:||Application & Entrance Exam Deadline:|
|Fall 2023 Day (August)||Tuesday, April 4, 2023 (by 4:30 p.m.)|
|Spring 2024 Evening (January)|| Tuesday, September 5, 2023 (by 4:30 p.m.)
|Fall 2024 Day (August)||Tuesday, April 2, 2024 (by 4:30 p.m.)|
FALL2023 (Day program)
- The nursing Application for Admission deadline is TUESDAY, APRIL 4, 2023 (by 4:30 p.m.)
- The Application for Admission MUST be completed in full. ALL questions MUST be answered.
- ALL application materials must be turned in (see application process).
- Applicants will be notified of their application status through their JEFFCO STUDENT EMAIL.
- MANDATORY ORIENTATION for accepted applicants:
- Date: To be determined
- Time: 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Location: Career Technical Education Building
- Date: To be determined
- Clinical Requirement Checklist - applicants may begin gathering their immunization records, or receiving immunizations, or having titers completed to show immunization.
Beginning Level I Practical Nursing (PN) Application Process
PN Selection Process Rubric: The selection committee ranks applicant's using the PN Selection Process Rubric.
Entrance Exam: The Jefferson College Bi-Level Nursing Program is in the process of transitioning from the HESI A2 entrance exam to the ATI TEAS entrance exam.
- Fall 2023: The TEAS exam will be administered to all nursing applicants. Unexpired HESI A2 scores (within 2 years of the program start date) will also be accepted.
- Spring 2024: Only the TEAS exam will be accepted.
- TEAS entrance exam may be scheduled through CALENDLY: Hillsboro Campus and Arnold Site
TEAS FAQs & Information (includes free and for purchase resource links)
Clinical Practicum Requirements
Level I/PN evening/weekend students are required to attend the occasional weekday clinical practicum. On campus simulation clinicals in the NEST (Nursing Educational Simulation Technology) are only scheduled Monday through Friday. Level I PN Day / Level I PN Evening/Weekend
Clinical and Immunization Requirements
All clinical/immunization requirements are due by the first day of class. Students who have not completed the requirements by this time, will not be allowed in class. Any class time missed, will count as an absence and is subject to the attendance policy found in the nursing student handbook. Clinical Requirement Checklist