You are here
Beginning Level I PN
Webpage updated 05/18/2022 (Information is subject to change without notice)
- Admission to the nursing program is highly competitive. We cannot guarantee admission to all applicants who meet minimum requirements.
- Graduation from the Practical Nursing program does not guarantee licensure as stated in the Missouri Revised Statutes - Section 335-066.
Applications for Admission and HESI-A2 exam scores are due by the deadline below:
Cohort applying for: Deadline: Spring 2023 Evening Program (January) Tuesday, September 6, 2022 (by 4:30 p.m.) Fall 2023 Day Program (August) Tuesday, April 4, 2023 (by 4:30 p.m.) Spring 2024 Evening Program (January) Tuesday, September 5, 2023 (by 4:30 p.m.)
- SPRING 2023 (Evening program)
- The nursing Application for Admission deadline is TUESDAY, SEPT. 6, 2022 (by 4:30 p.m.); ALL application materials must be turned in.
- Applicants will be notified of their application status by Sept. 30th (at the latest), through their
JEFFCO STUDENT EMAIL.
- Mandatory Orientation for accepted applicants will take place in October or November: Date/time to be determined.
- Clinical Requirement Checklist - applicants may begin gathering their immunization records, or receiving immunizations, or having titers completed to show immunization.
Beginning Level I Practical Nursing (PN) Application Process
- The selection committee ranks applicant's using the PN Selection Process Rubric.
Clinical Practicum Requirements
Level I/PN evening/weekend students are required to attend the occasional weekday clinical practicum. On campus simulation clinicals in the NEST (Nursing Educational Simulation Technology) are only scheduled Monday through Friday. Level I PN Day / Level I PN Evening/Weekend
Clinical and Immunization Requirements
All clinical/immunization requirements are due by the first day of class. Students who have not completed the requirements by this time, will not be allowed in class. Any class time missed, will count as an absence and is subject to the attendance policy found in the nursing student handbook. Clinical Requirement Checklist