In connection with Jefferson College’s mission to provide diverse educational experiences for area residents of all ages, the Performing Arts and Cultural Enrichment (PACE) series spring schedule will feature performances spanning a wide range of entertainment genres including nationally renowned visiting artists, instrumental and vocal musical groups, art, and theatre.
In addition to the variety of performers and entertainers, the annual PACE series also includes several student-community performances such as band and choir concerts, children’s and musical theatre performances, a film contest screening, art exhibits, and a pottery sale.
Most events are held in the Fine Arts Theater on the Hillsboro campus.
2018-19 PACE Series – Spring Events
- February 7 Hypnotist Brian Powers - 7:30 p.m.
- February 14 Eighth Blackbird*- 5 p.m.
- Feb. 28-Mar. 3 Spring Play “One Slight Hitch” - Thurs, 10 a.m., Fri.-Sat. 8 p.m., Sun. 2 p.m.
- March 10 Choir Concert “Masterworks Performance”* - 3 p.m.
- March 12 Band Concert “Travels of the Mind”* - 7:30 p.m.
- March 14 Spring Jazz Showcase w/Grammy-winning trumpeter, Terell Stafford - 7:30 p.m.
- March 15-17 48 Hour Film Festival* (Filming Dates)
- April 1-5 High School Art Exhibit*
- April 13 & 15 Jefferson County Shakespeare Project “Romeo and Juliet” - Sat. 6 p.m., Mon. 10 a.m.
- April 23 MADCO - 7:30 p.m.
- April 25 TEDx*
- April 26 48 Hour Film Festival Screening*
- April 29-May 10 Jefferson College Student Art Exhibit*
- May 7 Band Concert “Ritual, Reflection and Rejoicing”* - 7:30 p.m.
- May 8-9 Spring Pottery Sale* - Wed. 10 a.m.– 6 p.m., Thurs. 10 a.m.– 4 p.m.
- May 9 Choir Concert “Music in Song - A Celebration of Human Emotion”* - 7:30 p.m.
- June 14-16, 21-23 Summer Musical “Chicago” - Fri.-Sat. 7 p.m., Sun. 2 p.m.
*free admission event
Individual event advance tickets are available for $5 general admission, $2 students and senior citizens. All individual advance ticket purchases must be completed in person at the cashier’s window.
PACE season passes are on sale for $25 per person general admission and $15 for students and senior citizens. Season passes can be purchased at the cashier’s window in the Student Center on the Hillsboro campus, Monday-Thursday 7:30 a.m.-6 p.m., Friday 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
For detailed information about PACE performances/times and season pass information, visit the Jefferson College website at www.jeffco.edu/PACE. Additional information about purchasing PACE season passes is also available by calling (636) 481-3123 (TDD 636-789-3222).
The Jefferson College campus is smoke-free and tobacco-free, including e-cigarettes.