You are here
Fast Track Grant
The Fast Track Workforce Incentive Grant is a program designed to provide adults with the education and skills needed to enter the workforce in fields that are in high demand.
Fast Track, when combined with other governmental financial aid, ensures that tuition and fees are fully covered. If all tuition and fees are covered by another aid program, qualified students will receive an award of up to $500 to cover other costs such as books and supplies, room and board, or transportation.
How to Apply?
- Login to the State Financial Aid Portal.
- Select the Estimate Eligibility tab from the menu.
- Select the 2023-2024 academic year.
- Click the Apply link in the Fast Track Workforce Incentive Grant row of the table.
You must upload a copy of your most recent Missouri 1040 Individual Income Tax Return to complete your application.
- Be either
- At least 25 years old, or
- If you are a student, have not enrolled in an educational program (high school or postsecondary) in the last two years, or
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Be a Missouri resident, an active duty member of the U.S. military transferred to Missouri, or the spouse of an active duty military member.
- If you are a student who is a Missouri resident, you must have been a Missouri resident for at least two years prior to receiving the grant.
- Have filed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA®).
- Have a federal adjusted gross income as documented on your most recent Missouri 1040 Individual Income Tax Return (or federal 1040 form if you’re active duty military) of either:
- $80,000 or less if your tax filing status is married filing jointly, or
- $40,000 or less for any other tax filing status.
- For students, enroll in an eligible program at least half-time.
- Have not yet received a bachelor’s degree.
- Renewed by meeting all of the initial requirements, by maintaining at least a cumulative 2.5 grade point average, and by making satisfactory academic progress.
How long can you receive the Fast Track Grant?
Eligibility expires when the earliest of the following occurs:
- Receipt of the grant for four semesters or the equivalent of sixty (60) semester credit hours
- Receipt of a bachelor’s degree
- Reaching 200% of the credit hours typically required to complete the program of study
At Jefferson College, the following are eligible Fast Track programs of study:
- Associate of Science - Engineering, Engineering Technology
- Associate of Arts in Teaching
- Associate of Applied Science or Certificate in:
- Applied Technology
- Biomedical Electronics Technician
- Business Management
- Child Care/Early Childhood Education
- Computer Support
- Computer Information Systems
- Computer Information Systems - Criminal Justice
- Culinary Arts
- Cyber Security
- Emergency Medical Technology/Paramedic
- Health Information Technology
- Heating, Refrigeration, and Air Conditioning
- Law Enforcement
- Occupational Therapy Assisting
- Physical Therapy Assistant
- Radiologic Technology
- Veterinary Technology
Students in the following Jefferson College programs of study are NOT currently eligible:
- Associate of Arts, or
- Associate of Fine Arts
- Associate of Science - Biology