You are here
Fast Track Grant - Loan Forgiveness
The Fast Track Workforce Incentive Grant is a state student financial aid loan forgiveness program that encourages Missouri adults to earn a degree or certificate and work in Missouri after graduation.
Fast Track financial aid covers tuition not already covered by federal or state grants and scholarships for Missouri residents without a Bachelor's degree who are age 25 or older. Missouri residents age 20-24 may qualify if they have not been enrolled in any high school, GED/HiSet program, or college for credit or non-credit during the two prior years.
For those with full tuition and general fees covered by other federal or state aid, the student may qualify for a $500 Fast Track grant to cover other education-related expenses. However, this $500 award is also a grant that could convert into a loan.
To participate, applicants must have earned $80,000 or less if taxes were filed as married or $40,000 or less if taxes were filed as single or other for the tax year required in the current FAFSA year. Visit STUDENTAID.GOV for more information about the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
How to Apply? Students apply for Fast Track consideration directly through the Missouri Department of Higher Education portal, not through Jefferson College. After viewing the Fast Track loan counseling, please submit the Fast Track Loan Counseling Self-Certification form to Jefferson College. For applicants who meet eligibility requirements, multiple disclosures and a loan promissory note must be submitted by the student to MDHEWD. Review the Missouri Fast Track Steps to Apply for details.
If approved, to prevent a Fast Track grant from converting into a private student loan with interest charges, award recipients must:
- Complete/graduate from the Fast Track program of study they selected
- Obtain employment within 12 months of college graduation
- Maintain Missouri residency, and
- Work in qualifying full-time employment in Missouri for at least three years after graduation
Fast Track renewal requirements:
- Renewed by meeting all of the initial requirements, by maintaining at least a cumulative 2.5 grade point average, and by making satisfactory academic progress.
Fast Track recipients must enroll at least part-time as a degree-seeking student in a STEM, STEM-related, or teaching program of study.
At Jefferson College, the following are eligible Fast Track programs of study:
- Associate of Science
- Associate of Arts in Teaching
- Associate of Applied Science or Certificate in:
- Applied Technology
- Business Management
- Computer Support
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing
- Culinary Arts
- Cyber Security
- Early Childhood Education
- Emergency Medical Technology/Paramedic
- Health Information Technology
- Heating, Refrigeration, and Air Conditioning
- Law Enforcement
- Occupational Therapy Assisting
- Physical Therapy Assisting
- Radiologic Technology
- Veterinary Technology
Students in the following Jefferson College programs of study are NOT currently eligible:
- Associate of Arts, or
- Associate of Fine Arts
Please note that federal student loan debt or other forms of borrowing
are not forgiven through the Fast Track financial aid program.