You are here
Applications for the Fall 2020 Paramedic Program are now being accepted - due to the COVID closures, application deadlines have been extended.
Deadline for the Fall 2020 Paramedic Program applications has been extended to July 15, 2020. Applicants will complete didactic testing and interviews the week of July 20. NOTE: EMT206 Pre-Paramedic prerequisite is being waived for Fall 2020.
College staff are once again in the building (0800 - 1800 hrs) to accept applications by appointment and as always we accept applications by mail (Note: Mailing address: Jefferson College Paramedic Program, 1000 Viking Drive, Hillsboro, MO 63050). Feel free to call if you have additional questions or concerns / 636-481-3549 or 636-481-3481. If you prefer to drop the application off without contacting anyone in person there is a drop box at the front door (facility address: 4400 Jeffco Blvd, Arnold, MO 63010).
Thank you for your interest in our Paramedic Program and your patience as we work through these unprecedented times - our focus is on your health and safety as we move forward and plan for Fall classes!
To be granted consideration in the acceptance process, each candidate must complete the Paramedic APPLICATION and submit all required documentation (except TB). [Letter to applicants] Documentation must be submitted as one packet. No faxed or electronically delivered application materials will be accepted. The application and required documentation must be returned to the below listed address no later than 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, July 15, 2020.
ATTN: EMS Program Director
1000 Viking Drive
Hillsboro, Missouri 63050
Building Address (hand deliver, drop box at the front door):
Jefferson College - Imperial
ATTN: EMS Program Director
4400 Jeffco Blvd.
Arnold, Missouri 63010
Quick Facts About the Program:
- EMT/Paramedic Program offers the state of the art learning environment utilizing SimMan, Mega-Code Kelly and IV Access simulators. This allows the students to practice their skills/competencies on realistic simulators. This will prepare the students to enter the work force better prepared for real life emergencies.
- The EMT/Paramedic Program has individual areas setup for simulation labs as well as a large area to practice hands on skills/competencies such as airway management, splinting, and advanced airway management. Simulation labs are video and audio recorded for improved learning outcomes, they include:
- Trauma Simulation
- Medical Simulation
- Pediatric Simulation
- Infant Simulation
- Hospital Simulation
- Confined area simulation (restroom, living room, etc.)
- The classroom, utilizes Smart Board Technology, which allows the instructor to access resource information in real time allowing the students to review the material instantly. This system also allows the instructor to integrate medical animation on body systems, lung sounds, heart sounds, as well working through real time scenarios.
- In addition the EMT/Paramedic Program shares various resources with the Police Academy and the CNA program. We share the fitness center, training equipment, and classroom simulation areas.
- Within the EMT/Paramedic area we have a computer labs and various simulation areas such as a bathroom that has a one way mirror to observe the student working on various scenarios such as cardiac arrest, which creates a problem solving opportunity on how to successfully work on a patient and remove the patient from a confined space.
- After successfully completing the programs the student will be allowed to sit for the National Registry Licensure Test and become a licensed EMT or Paramedic in the State of Missouri or the opportunity to work in most states with their National Registry License. The Paramedic Program has an 87% NREMT written test pass rate.
For more information, please contact:
Joseph Haack, EMS Program Director
(636) 481-3403, firstname.lastname@example.org