You are here
Cyber Security - NEW
The Computer Information Systems (CIS) -Cyber Security degree option prepares individuals to assess the security needs of computer and network systems, recommend safeguard solutions, and manage the implementation and maintenance of security devices, systems, and procedures.
Students will receive instruction in systems analysis; networking; telecommunications; cryptography; security system design; risk assessment and policy analysis; computer architecture, applicable law and regulations; programming; contingency planning; user access issues; investigation techniques; and troubleshooting.
- Provide security assistance to enterprise IT departments & end-users
- Answer questions or resolve security problems for clients in person, via telephone, or from a remote location.
- Assist with the use of computer hardware and software security to analyze IT server rooms.
Industry Certifications May Include:
- CompTIA’s Network+ Security+
- Microsoft’s Desktop Support Technician
To start your journey as a Jefferson College Viking, follow these steps for new students! If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Admissions at 636-481-3235 or email email@example.com. Explore other CIS options available!