You are here
Free Counseling for All Currently Enrolled Students!
- In-Person Counseling
- Virtual Counseling
- Crisis and Emergency Services
- Suicide Prevention
- Vikings Care
- Helpful Resources
In Person Hours:
- Monday and Friday: 8 am - 4:30 pm (Hillsboro Campus Room 202)
- Tuesday and Wednesday: 8 am - 5 pm (Hillsboro Campus Room 202)
- Thursday: 8 am - 3:30 pm (JC Arnold Room 107B)
Appointments may be made at JCA or JCI as needed and as available. Virtual sessions are also available.
- want more information about counseling services;
- have questions about mental health;
- need to visit the counseling office for class credit;
- have concerns about a friend and want to talk with someone about it.
Drop In Schedule:
- Monday: 9am - 10am (SC Room 202)
- Wednesday: 12pm - 1pm (SC Room 202)
- Thursday: 12pm - 1pm (JCA Room 107B)
Pop-Up Drop Ins will occur throughout the semester in various locations on campus. Look for signs and updates with times and locations.
The COMTREA On-Campus Therapist can meet with any currently enrolled student, up to 6 sessions, to address ongoing problems or concerns. We are dedicated to student success and work with students to navigate barriers to access appropriate treatment and resources. The COMTREA On-Campus Therapist is not able to provide documentation for emotional support animals.
The Clinical Counseling Center (CCC) is a counseling training center operated by Central Methodist University full-time faculty in the Clinical Counseling Department's Master of Science in Clinical Counseling program. On average, students tend to complete 6 counseling sessions during a semester.
The CCC's counseling interns are now conducting virtual counseling sessions under the direction and supervision of a Licensed Professional Counselor via Zoom. It's easy to get started, just email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Virtual Hours (clients must be in Missouri at the time of scheduled appointments):
- Mondays: 9am - 4pm
- Tuesdays: 11am - 7pm
- Wednesdays: 9 am - 7 pm
- Thursdays: 9 am - 2 pm
- Behavioral Health Response (BHR) - 1-800-811-4760 or 314-469-6644
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255 (TALK)
- Crisis Text Line - Text Home to 741741
- Life Crisis Services (LCS) - 314-647-4357
- Trevor Project (LGBTQ) - 1-866-488-7386
- Kids Under Twenty One (KUTO) - 1-888-644-5886
- Suicide and Crisis Lifeline - 988
If you or someone else is in immediate danger of harm to self or others or your situation is an emergency, call 911 immediately!
Counseling staff members are legally and ethically required to maintain confidentiality. They are NOT Mandated Reporters in relation to Title IX or Equity policy violations. Learn more about Mandated Reporters on the Title IX website. If you would like specific information disclosed to anyone (i.e. a professor or doctor), you will need to provide written consent.
Counseling records are confidential and maintained by clinical staff, they are not a part of the student record.
There are some exceptions to confidentiality:
- If there is a possibility that you might harm yourself or someone else.
- If there is suspected abuse of a child or a vulnerable adult.
Counseling Services Annual Compliance Report:
In compliance with RSMo 173.2530, Jefferson College completes an annual compliance report of the state's mental health standards for college campuses using the International Accreditation of Counseling Services (IACS) standards. To view the full report click here.