You are here
Jefferson College Offers Free Counseling for All Currently Enrolled Students!
- In-Person Counseling
- Virtual Counseling
- Crisis and Emergency Services
- Suicide Prevention
- Vikings Care
- Helpful Resources
On Campus Counseling
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: E-mail communication and any attachments that contain confidential and privileged information are not guaranteed to remain confidential when transmitted through email. Please consider what information to share when submitting e-mail communication.
Email and Voicemail are checked during business hours. If you are experiencing a mental health or medical emergency after business hours or during the weekend please contact 911 or one of the Crisis Lines available.
Appointments may be made at JCI as needed and as available. Virtual sessions are also available.
- Mondays: 9 - 10 am Student Center Room 202
- Tuesdays: Noon - 1 pm CTE Building Room 151
- Wednesdays: Noon - 1 pm Student Center Room 202
- Thursdays: To be determined at a later date
To schedule an appointment, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday: 9 am - 4 pm
- Tuesday: 11 am - 7 pm
- Wednesday: 9 am - 7 pm
- Thursday: 9 am - 2 pm
- 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline (for MO area codes 314, 636, 660, 816, 471)
- If you are calling from an area code outside of MO, please call 888-237-4567
- Compass Health 24 Hours Behavioral Health Crisis Line 1-888-237-4567
- Crisis Text Line - Text Home to 741741
- Life Crisis Services (LCS) - 314-647-4357
- Trevor Project (LGBTQ) - 1-866-488-7386
- Kids Under Twenty One (KUTO) - 1-888-644-5886
- Suicide and Crisis Lifeline - 988
If you or someone else is in immediate danger of harm to self or others or your situation is an emergency, call 911 immediately!
Counseling staff members are legally and ethically required to maintain confidentiality. They are NOT Mandated Reporters in relation to Title IX or Equity policy violations. Learn more about Mandated Reporters on the Title IX website. If you would like specific information disclosed to anyone (i.e. a professor or doctor), you will need to provide written consent.
Counseling records are confidential and maintained by clinical staff, they are not a part of the student record.
There are some exceptions to confidentiality:
- If there is a possibility that you might harm yourself or someone else.
- If there is suspected abuse of a child or a vulnerable adult.
Counseling Services Annual Compliance Report:
In compliance with RSMo 173.2530, Jefferson College completes an annual compliance report of the state's mental health standards for college campuses using the International Accreditation of Counseling Services (IACS) standards