You are here
The field of accounting offers a wide variety of career paths. There is a great deal of opportunity to advance in the field of accounting. Many accountants begin as an entry level bookkeeper with minimal formal education and over the years, build their education and grow within their careers. Listed below are some examples of accounting work. All of these areas also utilize bookkeepers at entry level positions.
- Public Accountants - provide services for a variety of clients including general accounting work, tax preparation, and audit services
- Management Accountants - record and analyze business information for the company they are employed by
- Government Accountants - maintain and examine records of governmental agencies and audit businesses believed to be have violated governmental regulations
- Internal Auditors - review data with the company they are employed by
- Tax Accountants - prepare taxes for individuals and businesses
Jefferson College offers multiple accounting degree options to fit your needs.