You are here
Withdrawal Due To Crisis
In the spring 2020 semester, Jefferson College offered students the option to request a “withdrawal due to crisis” due to unforeseen COVID-19 related circumstances. While we encouraged all students to complete their coursework, we understood that the ongoing COVID-19 crisis may have impacted the ability of students to successfully complete all courses.
Students may have been eligible for a “withdrawal due to crisis” if they met one or more of the following criteria:
- Needing to care for oneself, spouse, or child experiencing symptoms or a diagnosis of COVID-19
- Family hardship, including students caring for children whose school or daycare is closed due to COVID-19
- Financial hardship caused by COVID-19
- Inability to complete course(s) due to transition to an online instruction delivery format
The “withdrawal due to crisis” option allowed students to continue their education and apply the equivalent cost of tuition and fees associated with the "withdrawal due to crisis" course(s) to the fall 2020 or spring 2021 semester. The deadline to request a “withdrawal due to crisis” for spring 2020 was June 1, 2020. An option to “withdraw due to crisis” is not available in summer 2020 courses.
Next Steps For Students Approved for a “Withdrawal Due to Crisis”
- Students’ transcripts reflect a grade of “WC” for the approved spring 2020 course(s).
- Students will be informed via mail of the WC Scholarship amount which is equivalent to the associated tuition and fees of the approved course(s) to be applied toward the fall 2020 or spring 2021 semester. Students will also see “WC Scholarship” reflected on their fall 2020 or spring 2021 schedule/bill.
What will the WC Scholarship cover?
- Any outstanding tuition and fee balances specific to the fall 2020 or spring 2021 semester which are not covered by other scholarships (A+, Athletic Scholarship, Board of Trustees Scholarship, for example).
- The WC Scholarship will NOT pay for non-tuition or fee costs, past due balances, bookstore or café charges, or Viking Woods housing charges.
- Unused WC Scholarship funds will not be refunded to students and cannot be carried forward between terms.
Which semesters can I use my WC Scholarship?
- The WC Scholarship can be applied toward the fall 2020 or spring 2021 semester, but not both. The WC Scholarship will not be applicable to any semester after spring 2021.
- If a student chooses not to enroll in classes in the fall 2020 semester, the scholarship will be applied to the spring 2021 semester.
If you have any questions, please contact Enrollment Services at email@example.com.