You are here
What is the Healthcare Heroes Program?
The Healthcare Education Resources for Occupational Exploration and Study (HEROES) Program is designed to provide participants with a quality occupational exploration experience leading to enrollment in a healthcare career technical training program, and/or related employment.
View the Healthcare Heroes Flyer
What will I learn?
Healthcare spans many different careers. The Healthcare Heroes Program will introduce students to a range of occupations that support health and wellness, focusing on the following areas:
- Certified Nursing Assistant/Certified Medication Technician (CNA/CMT)
- Medical Assistant (MA)
- Health Information Technology (HIT)
- Patient Care Technician (PCT)
- Nursing (LPN/RN)
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- Radiologic Technologist (RadTech)
- Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA)
- Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA)
Additional Program Elements include WorkKeys/NCRC/Career Ready 101 services, Strengths-Finder Assessment, and Basic Life Support (BLS) training.
How do I apply?
Complete the application and checklist. Submit the application to firstname.lastname@example.org to get started. This program is currently funded by a grant through a partnership with the Jefferson-Franklin Office of Job Training.