You are here
Early College Academy
The Jefferson College Early College Academy will provide high school students the opportunity to earn an Associate of Arts degree while earning their high school diploma. This rigorous 62-64 credit hour academic cohort program will be available to high-achieving high school students in Jefferson County. The program will consist of course work offered both on the Jefferson College campus and online.
View the 2023-2025 proposed Early College Academy schedule.
To be considered eligible, applicants must:
- Have a first semester grade of B or better in both sophomore math and English courses (Algebra II should be completed or in progress)
- Have an unweighted cumulative high school GPA of 3.75 or higher
- Be proficient in reading per Missouri Department of Higher Education and Workforce Development (MDHEWD) guidelines
- Place into Precalculus (math placement) and Honors English Composition I (English placement) with ACT or ACCUPLACER scores
- Have permission from their parent/guardian
- Be recommended by their high school counselor
- Have a recommendation from a core subject area high school teacher
Selection of candidates from this competitive application process will be based on a scoring rubric that addresses the above items and the essay and short answer responses on the application.
DEADLINE: Applications must be submitted by February 10, 2023!
Jaclyn Birks, Early College Coordinator
(636) 481-3216 or email@example.com