You are here
Early College Academy at Arnold
The Jefferson College Early College Academy will provide high school students the opportunity to earn an Associate of Arts Degree while earning their high school diploma. This rigorous 62 - 63 credit hour academic cohort program will be available to high-achieving high school students in the Jefferson College service district. The program will consist of course work offered on the Arnold campus and online.
The following are the guiding parameters for the cohort program:
- 2021-2023 Proposed ECAA Class Schedule
- Maximum enrollment 10 students
- To be considered eligible, applicants must have:
- 1st semester grade of B or better in both sophomore Math and English courses
- Place into Precalculus*
- Place into Honors English Composition I*
- Have achieved Reading Proficiency per MDHE guidelines
- Receive principal/counselor recommendation and parental permission
- Have recommendation letter from core subject area high school teacher
- Competitive application process:
- Essay — Blind Scoring (Topic: “How does the Early College Academy fit with my educational goals?”)
- Recommendation Letter
- Current High School Transcript with Unweighted GPA of 3.75 or higher
- ACCUPLACER or ACT Test Scores
- Non-Cognitive Assessment (SmarterMeasure)
Final application selection will be based upon a scoring rubric that addresses the above items.
View the Early College Academy Application (note: download and save, then complete)
Deadline: applications must be postmarked by February 12, 2021 EXTENDED to February, 19, 2021!
Connie Kuchar, Coordinator of High School Outreach
(636) 481-3338 or firstname.lastname@example.org