As part of our mission to provide students with a quality education and a learning environment that fosters intellectual, social, and personal growth, Jefferson College established a Wellness Program, Witness Our Wellness, WOW!
The purpose of our wellness program is to promote healthy habits through a variety of activities and services in our commitment to be a healthy place to learn, live, and work. The program includes FREE access to a state-of-the art Fitness Center, an Olympic-sized pool and progressive group fitness classes. The Wellness program sponsors several personal enrichment events throughout the year and works closely with R U OK? and Active Minds organizations to present or address relevant topics for the campus community.
The benefits of a multi-dimensional wellness program include:
- Bringing attention to self-care, self-help, self-esteem, and self-empowerment.
- Increasing awareness of health issues and decreasing health-inhibiting behaviors.
- Reducing medical costs or insurance claims, and minimizing sick days and loss of attendance.
- Developing individual coping strategies and stress management skills.
- Initiating environmental awareness and fostering sustainability.
- Enriching interpersonal interactions and creating a sense of community.
- Promoting lifestyle enhancement and educational opportunities.
- Giving accessibility to campus tools as well as resources within the community.
- Establishing a balance of the whole person, and fostering an environment of inclusion.
- Being an outlet to cultivate a rewarding college experience marked with fulfillment and happiness.