Parking & Traffic Regulations
Section I - Parking
- All faculty, staff and students must register their vehicles with the Cashier's Office and display a valid parking tag while parking on any of the Jefferson College campuses.
- No vehicle may be parked or left unattended in any roadway, driveway, loading or unloading area. Vehicles may not block a sidewalk at anytime. Parking is prohibited in any area designated as a "no parking" area by sign or curb/space painting. Parking on grass is strictly prohibited and no vehicle may occupy more than one space.
- Vehicles may only park in areas where the class of permit they have received is valid.
- Only visitors may occupy spaces designated as "visitor parking." Faculty, staff, students, food service employees, etc., are all considered members of Jefferson College and are not permitted to park in the visitor spaces.
- Parking regulations are enforced 24 hours a day. Unless the parking sign clearly dictates a certain time of parking enforcement ( i.e. Faculty/Staff Parking only from 7 a.m.-5 p.m.), all regulations should be considered enforceable at all times.
- All overnight visitors are required to register their vehicles and obtain a visitor's pass from the Viking Woods Housing Office.
- All parking regulations of the College and state laws of Missouri must be obeyed at all times while parking on campus.
- No person shall park in a designated handicapped space without a state issued handicapped placard. Violators are subject to a fine not only by the College but the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office.
- If a vehicle is parked that interferes with the safe flow of traffic or poses a safety concern to the community, that vehicle will be subject to tow at the owner's expense.
Section II - Traffic Regulations
- All vehicles shall be operated in accordance with the laws and ordinances of the State of Missouri. Violation of these laws may subject the offender to whatever penalties shall be assigned by courts or College judicial/administrative process.
- The speed limit on campus shall be 15 M.P.H on the roadways and 10 M.P.H in the parking lots unless conditions exists that warrant a reduction in these speeds, i.e. weather, construction, pedestrians, etc.
- All vehicles are required to obey all traffic control devices.
- No vehicle shall operate in a careless or imprudent manner.
- All vehicle operators are required to obey directions given to them by any Campus Police Officer or designated law enforcement official.
Most links on this page require Acrobat Reader