Grants are awarded to undergraduate students based upon financial need and enrollment status.
2017-2018 Pell Grants range from $606 to $5,920 per year.
To receive a Federal Pell Grant, if financially eligible, you must also:
- Be enrolled as a degree-seeking student;
- Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible noncitizen;
- Be making satisfactory academic progress;
- Not be in default on a student loan;
- Not owe a refund on any Title IV aid at any institution;
- Have a High School Diploma or GED Certificate
Students who have earned a Bachelor's or Professional Degree are not eligible to receive a Pell Grant.
Pell funds may only be received at one institution during any given period of enrollment. Concurrent enrollment at two or more institutions is not allowed unless a consortium agreement has been arranged.
Pell Grant eligibility is determined by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). For information regarding the FAFSA application visit www.fafsa.ed.gov. The Jefferson College Title IV School Code is 002468.