Access MO Information
Funded by the State of Missouri, the Access Missouri Grant provides educational assistance to residents of the State of Missouri. Eligibility is determined by the student's expected family contribution (EFC) as calculated through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Recipients must demonstrate unmet financial need, maintain satisfactory academic progress, and be enrolled as a full-time student in an eligible degree program at a participating Missouri school. All financial aid applicants that filed the FAFSA prior to April 1 and listed Missouri as their state of legal residence were considered for the award. Award amounts vary by aid year and school. The current Jefferson College award amount is up to $850 per year ($425 per semester).
To be eligible, a student must:
- Have a FAFSA filed by April 1 prior to the start of the award year
- Have any corrections made to that FAFSA by July 31
- Be enrolled full-time at a participating Missouri school
- Have an EFC of 12,000 or less per FAFSA results
- Not be pursuing a degree or certificate in theology or divinity, and
- If a previous Access Missouri recipient, must maintain a cumulative 2.5 gpa, be making satisfactory academic progress, and not have used Access Missouri funds for more than 5 semesters.
Students receiving Missouri A+ Program funds will have their Access Missouri Award reduced by the amount of their A+ award, so most A+ recipients do not receive the State's Access Missouri grant.