Financial Aid Events
Showcase your talent and creativity & You could win $1,000 Bookstore scholarship.
The Office of Student Financial Services is sponsoring a FAFSA video contest for students of Jefferson College. Videographers are encouraged to use their artistic talent to create a three-minute video explaining how and why Jefferson College students should file the FAFSA for the 2015–2016 academic year.
- You must be a Jefferson College student registered for spring ‘15 term.
- Copyrighted material (i.e. music, movies, TV shows, etc.) cannot be used in your video. However, parody material is fine.
- Content must be in line with the Jefferson College Student Handbook.
- Information presented in the video must be accurate.
- The Office of Student Financial Services reserves the right to monitor all video content and declare the final winner.
- Contest runs through December 3, 2014.
- The video must include:
- The FAFSA website, www.fafsa.gov
- What's FAFSA?
- Why is it important to file the FAFSA?
- The FASFA state and priority deadlines
Students may work with a partner. If declared the winning video, the scholarship award will be split among creators.
By submitting a video to the FAFSA Video Contest, you agree that the video was your property, does not infringe on copyright laws of any kind, and that you had the rights to distribute it. You also grant permission to Jefferson College to use this video on our website and in other promotional settings. Winners will be announced before holiday break.
Please submit your video to firstname.lastname@example.org by Dec. 3, 2014.