Applying for Graduation
What do I need to do to graduate?
The procedure for preparing to graduate is very simple.
Complete an application for graduation.
- Print and complete the Application for Graduation by clicking here. Submit to the Office of Enrollment Services.
- Meet with your faculty advisor or an Enrollment Services Specialist in the Student Center building by the appropriate application deadline date and complete the application for graduation.
- Applications are also available at any registration site.
Graduation Application Deadline Dates:
Fall Graduation: September 1st
Spring Graduation: February 1st
Summer Graduates participating in Commencement: March 1st
Summer Graduation: June 1st
How many credit hours do I have to earn from Jefferson College to complete my degree or certificate?
A student must complete a minimum of 62 semester hours of college credit for an associate's degree; 24 of those credit hours must be completed at Jefferson College. To complete the requirements for a Career and Technical Education certificate, a student must complete a minimum of 15 credit hours at Jefferson College.
If something happens and I can't graduate, do I have to pay again later?
No. However, upon request, we can refund you the money or credit your account for when you graduate.
What GPA do I have to have?
A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.00 ("C") or better is required for the AA, AS, and AAS degrees. Some AAS degrees may have a required cumulative grade point average of greater than 2.00. A cumulative grade point average of 2.75 or better is required for the AAT degree as well as a 2.75 grade point average for all education courses. A cumulative grade point average of 2.00 or better of the specified curriculum is required for all certificates.
What happens if I fail the exit exam?
This is a no pass/no fail exam. The only way the exam affects you from graduating is if you do not take it.
When will I get my diploma?
Diplomas are mailed approximately three to four weeks after grades are finalized.
Do I have to participate in Commencement?
All Spring graduates must participate in Commencement. Fall graduates, Winter Intersession graduates, Summer Intersession graduates, and Summer graduates may participate in Commencement by indicating so on their graduation applications. Summer graduates and Summer Intersession graduates who wish to participate in Commencement must complete a Summer Contract. The 2017 Commencement ceremony will take place on Saturday, May 13, 2017, in the Field House on the Hillsboro campus.
I have taken the MoGEA test. Do I have to take an exit exam?
Yes. The MoGEA does not fulfill the exit exam requirement.
I am graduating with my AAS and AA. Can I just take one exit exam?
No, you must take the WorkKeys and CAAP exams to be eligible for both degrees.
- After the semester ends in which you plan to graduate, the Office of Enrollment Services will review your graduation status and if all requirements have been met, your degree or certificate will be posted approximately three to four weeks after final grades are posted. Your transcript will be updated to show your degree or certificate, and your diploma will be mailed to the address you provided on your graduation application. You will be informed by letter if you have not met all graduation requirements. Please reapply for graduation for the semester in which you plan to graduate. If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Enrollment Services at (636) 481-3205 or (636) 797-3000, ext. 3205.
- If you have any credit from another college, you must have an official transcript sent to Jefferson College.
- If you are planning on transferring to another institution upon graduation, you must request a transcript and check the box that says "mail when degree is posted." Click Here to request an official transcript.
For additional information, please contact the Office of Enrollment Services at (636) 481-3205 or (636) 797-3000, ext. 3205, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Office hours are Monday-Thursday, 8:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. and Friday, 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.