The Jefferson College STEM Academy will provide high school students the opportunity to earn an Associate of Arts Degree with a STEM focus while earning their high school diploma. This rigorous 64 credit hour academic cohort program will be available to high-achieving high school students in the Jefferson College service district. The program will consist of course work offered on the Hillsboro campus and online.
The following are the guiding parameters for the cohort program:
• Maximum enrollment 15 students (honors courses capacity)
• To be considered eligible, applicants must have:
- Completed 1 year of high school chemistry with a grade of C or better
- Place into Precalculus*
- Place into English Composition I*
- Have achieved Reading Proficiency per MDHE guidelines
- Receive principal/counselor recommendation and parental permission
• Competitive application process:
- ACCUPLACER/ACT Test Scores
- Non-Cognitive Assessment
- High School GPA of 3.9 or higher
- Essay – Blind Scoring (Topic: “How does the STEM Academy fit with my educational goals?”)
- For information, please check the Jefferson College Dual Credit Webpage
Final application selection will be based upon a scoring rubric that addresses the above items.
Download the application. (Please save the document to your computer first, then open it and enter your information. Once your application is complete, save the document.)
Deadline Extended! Applications must be postmarked by March 29, 2017.
Questions? View the STEM Academy brochure or contact:
Constance Kuchare, Coordinator of High School Outreach
(636) 481-3338 or firstname.lastname@example.org.